One of the benefits of working with Game Maker Studio, compared to older versions, is that I can build updates much more easily. This means I can do bug fixes and release updates more often than before.
This is the first update, tackling some issues you reported these last couple of days:
NEW IN THIS VERSION
- Built without the YoYo Compiler to ensure WinXP compatibility
- Music files are now available in the package for customization
- Updated health pickup sprites
- Fixed music crossfades playing part of the wrong track
- Fixed collisions of spiked plants in Area 3
- Fixed missing keycodes on the keyboard settings screen
- Fixed music not being played if you enter the sound options with volume 0
- Fixed very low music volume resulting in glitchy playback
If you had trouble getting the demo to run in Windows XP, you should give this update a try.
As always, feel free to report any bugs or make any suggestions here or at the forums.