There was a lot of progress with Zeta Metroids. Right now they walk, crouch, jump and do a horrendously animated claw attack (soon to be redrawn). I just realized that since this is a ground based enemy, it will require much more testing than the floating ones. Specially when the environment limits the Metroid´s movement, there´s room for exploits.
So, last time I mentioned Challenge Mode. And there were many cool suggestions about it, and the possible escape sequence (thanks!!!). Here´s what I have planned so far for this mode:
- It will be available after completing the normal game once.
- All the lava will be gone, so you can explore freely.
- The item and Metroid placement will be changed.
- There will be extra Metroid fights, even maybe more than one at the same time.
- A boss rush mode could be unlocked after completing Challenge Mode.
One thing I know for sure, challenge mode will be done after the game is finished. This means I´ll release the game once it´s completed, and challenge mode will be done in the first update. This way I´ll be fixing all the details you find in the game, and add the new mode in the update.
I want to thank you all for the great feedback of these last posts, and for the patience you have with this project. If there´s something you´d like to suggest for Challenge Mode, feel free to post it.