At last, the final update for Confrontation is here.
DOWNLOAD: FileFactory - MFFileHost - EasyShare
In this update:
- Added Mod support (finally!)
- Added Time Attack mode
- Added Multilanguage support
- Changed the locations of Charge Beam and the 2nd Super Missile
- A lot of small bugfixes and details
- To enable a mod, go to Extras/Mods and select your installed mod.
- To intall a mod, place the downloaded zip file in the mods folder.
- To make a mod, read mods.txt inside the /mods folder.
There´s much more content that you can modify this time. I bet there will be awesome mods in no time.
This mode is perfect for the speedrun practice.
- Time and item count is displayed all the time
- Item cutscenes are replaced by a small notification text
- No saving allowed, checkpoints are used to retry a section if you die
- Detailed stats shows times for all the important events on your route
All of the text in the game can be translated. There are 9 languages included in this release, and you can make your own if you want. Read translations.txt inside the /lang folder for more info.
This release took some serious debugging. Adding the Mod support broke a lot of the collision masks (Game Maker acts really funky when replacing resources), so I had to make separate mask sprites for a lot of objects. In the end, collisions are now much more precise.
Anyway, this is the last version of Confrontation. All of my free time and energy are now focused on AM2R.
Expect a progress update on the next blogpost.