So, I´m planning my summer. Besides a couple of days of vacations, there will be very little movement here at my recording studios, like every summer. So it can be a nice opportunity to dedicate myself properly to the project.
I do have plans for next year, some of them involve big changes in my life. My free time will be compromised, a lot. This means I´ll be putting myself a deadline to finish AM2R once and for all. Last year I made a checklist of features and goals to be achieved on summer, this time the list is as follows:
- Finish Zeta Metroids sprite and AI
- Start Omega Metroids production
- Start Queen Metroid production
- Recruit one or two sprite artists for backgrounds, tiles, minibosses and new enemies
- Recruit one or more musicians for original compositions
- Advance level design up to the final area
It looks like a lot, and it is. I´ll be needing additional sprite artists to accelerate the progress. HyruleSwordsMan is working on the Metroids, but there are other grpahics that need to be drawn. New backgrounds, a couple of tilesets, some of the planned minibosses don´t have sprites yet, and some new enemies could make the game more diverse. I´ll be contacting all the people that once offered their help here. Besides, are there any sprite art forums you know of? Please let me know.
I´ll be also accepting help from musicians. If you have good MIDI composing skills, I´d love to hear your work. My plans are to work with plain General MIDI, and assign the instruments I use for the rest of the soundtrack, so there´s coherence between songs. I´ll be contacting all the musicians that once offered their help.
The nice people of GamePro featured AM2R in this remakes article. Thanks!!!
I´d love to reply to all your comments more often, but I can´t find time to do it. Here´s my quick response to some of the comments of the last post:
- Zetas will spit acid instead of fireballs. You´re right, it looks more natural.
- Samus temporarily losing her powers doesn´t sound like a good idea in the context of this game. It would feel too forced, and that same situation happened in Zero Mission.
- I read all the comments, but I do have to choose which ones are relevant, cool and possible to make.
Well, I guess I´ll be posting again before christmas. Remember, if you are a pixel artist or a musician, and wish to help me out, please email me. Thanks!