Some aspects of the game design:
- The game will be as linear as the original. No open exploration, you HAVE to kill the Metroids of each area like in the original. However, I'm thinking of adding a Time Attack mode, with a lot more freedom to explore.
- Right now it plays a lot like Zero Mission. The upgrades available are the following:
- Super Missiles
- Spider Ball
- SpeedBooster (complete with Shinespark)
- Hi Jump
- Space Jump
- Spider Ball works just like the original one. It can grip in any surface, but it's really slow.
- PowerGrip has more animation frames than Zero Mission.
- Charge Beam
- Ice Beam
- Spazer Beam
- Wave Beam
- Plasma Beam
- The beams can be stacked. Each one can be turned on/off on the fly. All four can be active at the same time, unlike Super Metoid.
- Missiles have splash damage. The whole damage is divided between the direct impact and the explosion. Super Missiles won't affect the game difficulty during Metroid fights.
- Samus can walljump, just like in Zero Mission.
Next week I'll show you more screens, up to the first Chozo Ruins.
Feel free to comment about these first images.